Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Ακτοπλοϊκά εισιτήρια: Παρέμβαση για τις «τσουχτερές» τιμές από το Εργατικό Κέντρο Πειραιά

    1 Αυγούστου 2026

    Το ‘πε και το ‘κανε η Μελόνι: Η Ιταλία αναστέλλει τη Συνθήκη Σένγκεν με την Ισπανία λόγω της Θέουτα

    1 Αυγούστου 2026

    Πρόσκληση για την παρουσίαση της επανέκδοσης του βιβλίου του Γιάννη Μαγκλή: «Τα αδέλφια μου οι άνθρωποι» -Videos

    1 Αυγούστου 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ακτοπλοϊκά εισιτήρια: Παρέμβαση για τις «τσουχτερές» τιμές από το Εργατικό Κέντρο Πειραιά
    • Το ‘πε και το ‘κανε η Μελόνι: Η Ιταλία αναστέλλει τη Συνθήκη Σένγκεν με την Ισπανία λόγω της Θέουτα
    • Πρόσκληση για την παρουσίαση της επανέκδοσης του βιβλίου του Γιάννη Μαγκλή: «Τα αδέλφια μου οι άνθρωποι» -Videos
    • Η συμμαχία των 4 νησιωτικών Περιφερειών της χώρας – Πιερρακάκης: «Τα νησιά δεν είναι η άκρη της Ελλάδας, είναι η καρδιά της» (ηχητικά)
    • Ο Γ. Μαστροκούκος μετά τη μεγάλη πυρκαγιά: «Επαγγελματικός Πυροσβεστικός Σταθμός τώρα – Παραλάβαμε ανύπαρκτη Πολιτική Προστασία» (video)
    • Μαν. Μουσελλής: Υπό έλεγχο τέθηκε η φωτιά στην Κάλυμνο – Παραμένουν σε επιφυλακή οι δυνάμεις υπό τον κίνδυνο αναζωπυρώσεων
    • (BINTEO) Μαίνεται η φωτιά στο Βαθύ της Καλύμνου: Είναι μεγάλο το μέτωπο, λέει ο δήμαρχος
    • Τι περιλαμβάνει το σχέδιο «Αριστοτέλης» του Τσίπρα: Σπάσιμο δήμων και οικονομική αυτονομία (BINTEO)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    News&News&
    Κυριακή, 23 Αυγούστου
    • Αρχική
    • Πολιτική
    • Επικαιρότητα
    • Arts and Culture
    • Βίντεο
    • Ευρωπαϊκό Κοινοβούλιο
    • Παραπολιτικά
    • Διεθνή
    • Τοπικά
    • English version
    • Version français
    News&News&
    Home»English version

    Ankara raising tensions, again – Greece rejects allegations its jets harassed survey ship

    24 Φεβρουαρίου 2021 English version 2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Allegations by Turkey Tuesday that Greek F-16 fighter jets harassed its Cesme hydrographic vessel were seen in Athens as a bid by Ankara to undermine efforts to restore a climate of normalcy. The allegations, which Greece vehemently denies, were also backed by Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency.

    Since the dispatch of the Cesme in the northern Aegean, Athens has sought not to escalate matters and refrained from making an issue of the fact that Ankara’s illegal Navtex for the vessel’s activities expires just before the proposed dates for a resumption of exploratory contacts between the two countries.

    Tuesday’s bid to cast Greece as an aggressor and Turkey as the alleged victim was seen as an organized and concerted effort by the Turkish Defense Ministry and the communications office of the Turkish Presidency.

    Military sources reported Tuesday that the Hellenic Air Force conducted an exercise in the wider area of ​​the central Aegean, for which the relevant notice to airmen (Α0350/21) had been issued as early as February 9, five days before Turkey issued the navigational telex for Cesme’s exploratory activities.

    According to the same sources, a total of 29 fighter jets took part in the exercise. They took off around 1.30 p.m. and completed their activity at around 2.40 p.m. They categorically denied there were any jets near the Cesme and stressed that they did not carry chaff or flares.

    More specifically, the exercise was carried out between the islands of Agios Efstratios and Kyra Panagia and to the south near Psara, while throughout the exercise, the Cesme was sailing in the sea area west of Limnos island. The closest a Greek plane came to the Cesme was 10 nautical miles, the sources said. It was flying at 19,000 feet.

    “The claims published in the Turkish media have no correlation with reality,” the sources said.

    However, Ankara insisted with its allegations and Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar warned of an “appropriate response.” His threats came on the heels of similar incendiary rhetoric over the past 10 days, including from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and other Turkish officials.

    Athens links the recent escalation not just to Turkey’s strategy with regard to Greece but also to an effort to express Ankara’s dissatisfaction with the European Union and, mainly the United States. / ekathimerini

    Συνεχίστε να διαβάζετε

    Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ as 84-day war nears possible end -video

    Trump says Israel, Lebanon agree to 10-day ceasefire -video

    Trump Launches Great American Recovery Initiative -Video

    Will Sharpe, Paul Bettany and Gabrielle Creevy star in a spectacular five-part event series Amadeus -video

    White House meeting between Trump and Zelenskyy to take place on Monday

    Israeli Security Cabinet approves PM Netanyahu’s plan to occupy Gaza City

    Επικοινωνία: pegkyd@yahoo.gr

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
    © 2026 news-politics.com .

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.