Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Ακτοπλοϊκά εισιτήρια: Παρέμβαση για τις «τσουχτερές» τιμές από το Εργατικό Κέντρο Πειραιά

    1 Αυγούστου 2026

    Το ‘πε και το ‘κανε η Μελόνι: Η Ιταλία αναστέλλει τη Συνθήκη Σένγκεν με την Ισπανία λόγω της Θέουτα

    1 Αυγούστου 2026

    Πρόσκληση για την παρουσίαση της επανέκδοσης του βιβλίου του Γιάννη Μαγκλή: «Τα αδέλφια μου οι άνθρωποι» -Videos

    1 Αυγούστου 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ακτοπλοϊκά εισιτήρια: Παρέμβαση για τις «τσουχτερές» τιμές από το Εργατικό Κέντρο Πειραιά
    • Το ‘πε και το ‘κανε η Μελόνι: Η Ιταλία αναστέλλει τη Συνθήκη Σένγκεν με την Ισπανία λόγω της Θέουτα
    • Πρόσκληση για την παρουσίαση της επανέκδοσης του βιβλίου του Γιάννη Μαγκλή: «Τα αδέλφια μου οι άνθρωποι» -Videos
    • Η συμμαχία των 4 νησιωτικών Περιφερειών της χώρας – Πιερρακάκης: «Τα νησιά δεν είναι η άκρη της Ελλάδας, είναι η καρδιά της» (ηχητικά)
    • Ο Γ. Μαστροκούκος μετά τη μεγάλη πυρκαγιά: «Επαγγελματικός Πυροσβεστικός Σταθμός τώρα – Παραλάβαμε ανύπαρκτη Πολιτική Προστασία» (video)
    • Μαν. Μουσελλής: Υπό έλεγχο τέθηκε η φωτιά στην Κάλυμνο – Παραμένουν σε επιφυλακή οι δυνάμεις υπό τον κίνδυνο αναζωπυρώσεων
    • (BINTEO) Μαίνεται η φωτιά στο Βαθύ της Καλύμνου: Είναι μεγάλο το μέτωπο, λέει ο δήμαρχος
    • Τι περιλαμβάνει το σχέδιο «Αριστοτέλης» του Τσίπρα: Σπάσιμο δήμων και οικονομική αυτονομία (BINTEO)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    News&News&
    Δευτέρα, 24 Αυγούστου
    • Αρχική
    • Πολιτική
    • Επικαιρότητα
    • Arts and Culture
    • Βίντεο
    • Ευρωπαϊκό Κοινοβούλιο
    • Παραπολιτικά
    • Διεθνή
    • Τοπικά
    • English version
    • Version français
    News&News&
    Home»English version

    Ten dead, four missing after ‘Daniel’ storm and flooding in central Greece

    8 Σεπτεμβρίου 2023Updated:8 Σεπτεμβρίου 2023 English version 2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Ten people have died so far because of the storm ‘Daniel’ in central Greece, Climate Crisis and Civil Protection Minister Vassilis Kikilias said on Friday, while another four are still missing in Volos and Mt. Pilio.

    The minister said that authorities are on alert about Pinios river in Larissa, also in central Greece, whose overflooding already affected the village of Yiannouli and the town of Tyrnavos. Sections of Larissa were also flooded. Kikilias said that flooding phenomena may become more intense.

    Kikilias strongly rejected rumors that claimed the government’s interventions in the area created a redirection of the river waters, and called on people to “be careful with fake news that relate to human lives.”

    “Overall, because of the Daniel storm, 10 of our fellow citizens have unfortunately lost our lives, while there are also 4 missing people in the regions of Volos and Pilio and we hope they are well, just as yesterday’s missing in the region of Agia Triadha were found safe and sound,” Kikilias said.

    Since the huge rescue and evacuation operation by air and land began two days ago at the 14 villages, 296 rescues have been carried out by helicopters of the Fire Brigade and the Armed Forces, the minister said. “Of these fellow citizens, 150 needed immediate medical attention, which was provided to them,” he noted.

    As Kikilias noted, 1,700 people have been rescued in total while 20 helicopters – from the Fire Brigade (9), the Armed Forces (7), the Hellenic Police (1) and from Switzerland’s firefighters who were in Greece to fight fires (3). The latter 3 are being used to distribute food and water to flood-trapped villages.

    The Fire Brigade’s and Armed Forces’ air support could not operate before midday Thursday, due to ongoing extreme weather and heavy lightning activity, the minister explained. As during last night, rescues by air and boats will continue again through Friday night, he said, helped by 1,000 rescuers from Civil Protection and the Armed Forces.

    Kikilias also thanked rescuers of the Fire Brigade and the Army “who struggle in the flood waters for hours, helping trapped and isolated fellow citizens, and a great ‘bravo’ to volunteers in villages who help with their own means, showing humanitarianism and solidarity.” [AMNA]

    Συνεχίστε να διαβάζετε

    Ο Γ. Μαστροκούκος μετά τη μεγάλη πυρκαγιά: «Επαγγελματικός Πυροσβεστικός Σταθμός τώρα – Παραλάβαμε ανύπαρκτη Πολιτική Προστασία» (video)

    Μαν. Μουσελλής: Υπό έλεγχο τέθηκε η φωτιά στην Κάλυμνο – Παραμένουν σε επιφυλακή οι δυνάμεις υπό τον κίνδυνο αναζωπυρώσεων

    Η Ρόδος στο επίκεντρο του παγκόσμιου ελληνισμού και των διεθνών εξελίξεων (φωτος)

    Δ. Διακομιχάλης: «Η ευθύνη είναι τεράστια – Άμεσες ενέργειες για την κατοχύρωση των δημοτικών δρόμων»

    Η ακρίβεια «γονατίζει» την κοινωνία – Νέα μεγάλη έρευνα της Pulse για το Ε.Ε.Α. (ΒΙΝΤΕΟ)

    Δημοσιοποίηση επιστολών Εμμ. Γιαννικουρή με ερωτήματα προς τον Δήμο Καλυμνίων για σειρά παλαιών ανεκτέλεστων δημοτικών έργων

    Επικοινωνία: pegkyd@yahoo.gr

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
    © 2026 news-politics.com .

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.